Unlocking Leadership and Learning
You will want
this book if you are already a Principal or Assistant Principal. A
must have book for all of you who are working toward becoming a
Dave Burgess has done a fantastic job of outlining practical and ready-to-use
ideas for leadership and management in the school environment.
Don't be left without your keys
-- The Principal's Keys.
ideas in this book are for new principals, assistant principals
and aspiring school principals; educational leadership faculty seeking
practical applications for leadership and management issues of future
school principals; experienced administrators seeking ready to use
ideas that work; staff development professionals and those involved
in district-wide training initiatives; supervising and collaborating
with others; superintendents and aspiring superintendents looking
for fresh ways to strengthen systems and motivate staff.
you'll get from this book:
- A conversational format to answer the question, "What is leadership?"
- A metaphor for implementing practical leadership and management
ideas that work.
- An easily understandable concept of motivation (from the leader's
point of view) that "blows away" traditional boss-centered intimidation.
- Easy to use (and remember) communication skills, as well as
a practical problem-solving model that puts responsibility where
it belongs - on those seeking the magic wand you do not have.
- Easy to implement ideas for developing true self-managed teams
in schools (k-12).
- Effective but simple process improvement tools, and a systematic
cross-functional problem-solving model.
- A continuous learning model for implementing ongoing process
improvements; the model is linked to ideas for staff development.
- Key components of a "Discovery School" - what it looks like
and how to achieve it.
- A bonus section includes many useful training aids and forms.
- Plus much more!
here to view our brochure
Click here for our order
$29.95 + $7.50 Shipping
- Just fax or mail your order!
We welcome checks and purchase orders.
Pitchkettle Point Circle Suffolk Virginia 23434
757-539-6513 • FAX: 757-539-6523